Irrelevant thoughts of an oracle DBA

30 November 2009

0x1A

Filed under: rant — dhoogfr @ 0:23

0x1A, better know as the end of file character.
Now also known as the cause of me waisting several hours on analyzing a 500MB raw trace file trying to figure out why the tkprof report did not seemed to be correct.

Still wondering why the application I was tracing had an EOF character in the value of a varchar2 type bind variable.

About these ads

3 Comments »

  1. Man! I hate when that happens!

    Comment by Noons — 30 November 2009 @ 0:42 | Reply

  2. I seem to have upset some EDI translation company because I used the standard ux2dos on a flat file I outputted and moved to a nfs on a windows system, which then mailed it along. Seems ux2dos puts the “standard dos” ^Z at the end of the file…

    Comment by joel garry — 31 March 2010 @ 2:15 | Reply

  3. I seem to have upset some EDI translation company because I used the standard ux2dos on a flat file I outputted and moved to a nfs on a windows system, which then mailed it along. Seems ux2dos puts the “standard dos” ^Z at the end of the file…
    +1

    Comment by Jeramie — 26 May 2010 @ 21:56 | Reply


RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

The Rubric Theme. Blog at WordPress.com.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: